Ingredients (serves 3-4):
- 6 cups raw tomato cubes without skin
- 1-2 cups of warm water
- 2 cups cucumber cubes (peeled and without seeds)
- 1 cup green sweet pepper (diced)
- 1 teaspoon agave sirup
- 6 tablespoons olive oil (virgin)
- 2 garlic cloves (diced)
- 4 tablespoons apple vinegar
- 100 g croutons
- 100 g soft cheese (i.e. feta cheese, paneer or soft goat cheese)
- 1/2 green pepper (in slices)
- 1/2 cucumber (peeled, deseeded & diced)
Scratch the tomatoes crosswise and cover completely with boiling water. Strain after 3-5 minutes. The skin should come off automatically now. Remove the core, dice the tomato flesh and put 6 cups into a bowl together with 1 cup of warm water, the cucumber cubes, green sweet pepper, 5 tablespoons of virgin olive oil and garlic.
Season with pepper, salt and apple vinegar and blend until creamy. Pass the puree through a sieve. Add another cup of warm water, 1 tablespoon of olive oil and the agave sirup. Put in the fridge for at least 4 hours.
Serve chilled with croutons, green pepper slices, diced cucumber and cheese.